Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Booonana Bread Upgrade???

My mom made the best banana bread ever and I was lucky enough to inherit the recipe from her.  It's a pretty simple recipe but soooo good!  I've tweaked the recipe a few times over the years to make it my own, like using Butter flavored Crisco instead of butter or margarine. I think it makes it a more moist and velvety bread.  But at the heart of it, it is still my mom's recipe.

This time around I decided to add cinnamon, cinnamon maple sugar sprinkle, and brown sugar.  It added a different flavor to the bread but the banana still was the prominent taste so I don't think it improved the bread any.  This is the 2nd time I've tried changing or adding to the recipe and both times I haven't been impressed.  So I think the lesson to be learned from this is if you have a recipe that you know is good.....don't change it.

It does look tasty from the pictures though!



1 comment:

  1. The bread looks great! I wonder how the Barbera Terra d'Oro wine we had the other night would pair with this. Bet it would be a good match.

    ReplyDelete